Welcoming KS2 pupils back to school
a.k.a The last week of Home Learning!
The Welsh Government has provisionally announced that all schools will be open to KS2 pupils next week if the ‘Covid numbers continue to fall’. The First Minister will confirm the next steps on Friday 12th March. We are hoping that all pupils will be attending from Monday 15th March. Our school will follow all the guidelines issued by the Welsh Government and the Local Authority and have made our school as safe and welcoming as possible. Please see the information below, taking particular attention to times, precautions, etc.
Please note the start/finish times. The children are expected to be in the classroom at their start time, please do not be late.
● The times are staggered to lessen the number of pupils using the cloakrooms and the number of adults on the yard.
● Siblings, please attend at the earlier time for all children. For example, Yr 1 at 8:45, year 4 brother at 9:00 - both arrive for 8:45am.
● If possible, walk or park outside of the school site to help social distancing. DO NOT park in the staff car park or on pavements etc. If there are no spaces in the drop off area, please leave the site and park offsite.
● Children can bring their scooters or bikes but must walk with them on the school premises to enter the gates socially distanced.
● The small gate at the left hand side of the school, the ‘polling gate’, will be open for EXIT ONLY to help social distancing and a shorter route if you have walked around the school. The School Day ● Your child will remain within their class or ‘bubble’ during that school day.
Year Group Start Finish
Nursery 9:00 12:00
Reception 9:00 3:15
Yr 1 8:45 3:00
Yr 2 9:00 3:15
Yr 3 8:45 3:10
Yr 4 9:00 3:25
Yr 5 8:45 3:10
Yr 6 9:00 3:25
● Each class will remain separate from other classes throughout the day, including playtimes and dinner times.
● Children will have their own resources where practical and any shared devices etc. will be cleaned between uses.
● If your child was attending the Breakfast Club before Christmas it is available from Monday 15th March for two weeks. If you wish to use the Breakfast Club from 12th April you will have to register online between 8th – 12th March on RCT website https://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/breakfastclubform
● Lunch will be provided for those entitled to free school meals. Other pupils are able to purchase meals using online payments. Meals will cost £2.55 per day, £12.75 per week. Pupils are able to bring their own packed lunch.
● There will be no after school clubs.
What do pupils need
● All children wear school uniform and all children will need a full water bottle.
● We are unable to sell fruit but children can bring their own snack, fruit only, labelled in box/bag.
● Suitable outdoor coats etc. The advice is to be outside as often as suitable for learning. Safety measures and social distancing Welsh Government has recognised that transmission of COVID19 in learners under the age of 12 is particularly low. Our school will minimise contacts and promote social distancing. Here are some of the safety measures that you can expect:
● Staggered starting/finishing times, lunch times & break times.
● Class bubbles.
● Sanitising hands at the start and end of each day, which might result in queues when coming to school, so please be prepared to wait socially distanced. Regular supervised handwashing throughout the day for all pupils and staff. Sanitising hands before using the toilet and after washing their hands on used the toilet. Pupils will not require face coverings.
● No ‘walk in’ to Head Teacher or secretaries. Any discussions should be completed on the phone or by appointment. The Head Teacher will be available most days at the gates at the start of day and teachers at their cloakroom door.
● Walk on the left to help passing at gates, walking on pavements, etc.
● Please do not gather with other parents to ‘chat’ but leave the site. ● Signage across the school that all must adhere to e.g. 2-metre footprint markers, oneway systems etc.
● A cleaner will be on site throughout the day, classrooms and toilets will be cleaned regularly. Two cleaners will complete cleaning of toilets and classrooms at the end of day.
I hope the successful return of the Foundation Phase pupils in the last month will help alleviate any concerns.
We only have two weeks before Easter so I would encourage ALL pupils to return. If you have a reason not for your child to return, please contact the school as soon as possible and before Monday.
Easter Break Monday 29th March to Friday 9th April.
Return to school Monday 12th April.
Thank you for your ongoing support. I look forward to having your child at our school again.
Yours sincerely, P Morgan Head teacher